Absolutely delicious gluten-free and refined sugar-free desert. Homemade Twix Bars made out of almond flour base, date caramel and dark chocolate coating. You will not want to stop after having just one!
- 7 medium size organic pitted dates
- 150g of organic almond flour
- 3 tablespoons of organic coconut oil (melted)
- 20 medium size organic pitted dates
- 65 g of organic almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of organic almond milk
- 160g of 85% Organic Dark Chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of organic coconut oil
- Prepare 16x20cm (6×8 inches) container and line the bottom with same size parchment paper.
- Add ingredients for the base layer to a high-speed blender or a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Press the mixture evenly to the bottom of the container and place in the freezer.
- Add ingredients for the caramel layer to a high-speed blender or a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly on top of the base lawyer and put it back in the freezer for at least 60 min.
- Melt the chocolate with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil on the double boiler over the low heat.
- Remove the container from the freezer and use the knife or sharp spatula to loosen the edge between the wall and the dessert. As the mixture is frozen it will be easy to remove it from the container afterwards.
- Remove the 2 layers mixture from the container and cut it into 8x2cm (0.8x3inch) bars.
- Coat each bar with the chocolate and pour some extra chocolate over each bar.
- Top with sea salt and keep in the fridge or freezer for a longer storage.
Enjoy your sweet weekend!