Start the day right with this brain boosting breakfast. Beef liver, egg yolk, caviar, and pistachios are the foods highest in Choline. This combination will raise Acetyl-Choline in the brain which will provide you with better focus and concentration.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
150g of organic beef or lamb liver
1 organic free-range egg
1 organic free-range egg yolk
50g unsalted organic butter
Lemon juice of ¼ of lemon
1 tablespoon of white vinegar
Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 tablespoon of salmon caviar
Herbs of your choice for serving
- Melt the butter on the pan over a low heat.
- Set heatproof bowl over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water over the low heat.
- Place egg yolk in a bowl and start beating (make sure the pan is over the low heat or the egg will scramble).
- Add lemon juice and keep whisking.
- Slowly start pouring the melted butter, whisking constantly until you reach smooth and creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Loosen with lemon juice if necessary.
- Store in insulated bottle to keep the sauce warm until you serve the dish.
- Bring the water in the saucepan at least 5cm deep to a simmer.
- Add tablespoon of white vinegar (don’t add any salt).
- Crack the egg and put it in a small bowl.
- Stir the water with the spoon to create a gentle whirlpool, make sure the heat is low and doesn’t create big bubbles.
- Slowly place the egg into the middle of the pan.
- Cook for 3 min or until white is set.
- Lift the egg with the slotted spoon.
- Use the kitchen towel to remove excess of water an set aside.
- Wash the liver and dry excess water with the kitchen towel.
- Preheat the pan over the low heat.
- Season the liver with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add some olive oil on the pan and fry the liver for about 2 min
- Increase the heat to high and flip the liver.
- Cook for another 45sec-2 min (depends on how cooked you preferer the meat to be).
Serve the liver, top with poached egg, hollandaise sauce and caviar.
Season with salt and pepper.
Decorate with your favorite herbs.
Enjoy the benefits!