Make sure you had a week of clean diet before you get into this recipe! Made with warm spices that will fill up your kitchen with the smell of fall, they come out with a moist texture and a lightly crunchy crumble top. These muffins are gluten-free, lactose-free, and irresistible!
Ingredients to prepare 6 muffins:
110g of organic almond milk
70g of organic rice flour
30g of organic gluten-free oats or oat flour
20g of organic maple sugar
½ teaspoon organic cinnamon
½ teaspoon organic ginger powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon of organic nutmeg
Pinch of Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon white vinegar
30g of organic maple syrup
25g avocado oil
1 organic free-range egg
1 teaspoon of organic vanilla extract
90g peeled and finely chopped organic apples
7g of avocado oil (1/2 tablespoon)
½ teaspoon of organic cinnamon
½ teaspoon of organic maple sugar
1 tablespoon of organic pecans roughly chopped
½ tablespoon of organic gluten-free oats
½ tablespoon of organic rice flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Mix in a bowl almond milk with the vinegar and set aside for 5-10 min.
- In another bowl combine all dry ingredients: rice flour, oat flour, maple sugar, cinnamon, ginger powder, baking soda topped with ½ teaspoon white vinegar, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add to the almond milk mixture all liquid ingredients: maple syrup, avocado oil, egg, vanilla and whisk until evenly combined.
- Fold in liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add chopped apples into the mixture and stir well.
- Divide the mixture between 6 muffin cups.
- To make crumble topping, mix all ingredients in a bowl and top each muffin with it.
- Bake for 17-20 min or until the toothpick comes out clean.