This eggplant curry recipe was shared with us by a good friend from Sri Lanka. She likes preserved Thai recipes because they have only natural ingredients and she has been learning them since 1970. This traditional dish from South Asia is made out of very few ingredients, but filled with extraordinarily blend of flavors from coconut cream, lemon grass, coriander and cumin.
- 500g organic small eggplants (appr. 15 cm)
- 200ml of organic coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon organic green Thai curry paste (no sugar added)
- 3 tablespoons chopped organic coriander leaves
- 2 leaves of organic scallion (spring onion)
- 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil
- Himalayan sea salt
- Black pepper
- Cut the eggplants in halves lengthwise
- Make 2-3 diagonal cuts in the inside part of each piece
- Season with salt
- Preheat the pan and add coconut oil
- Fry eggplants cut side down first until golden color
- Then turn and cook for about 10 min
- Remove from the pan
- In the same pan add chopped spring onion, coriander leaves and curry paste
- Mix and cook for about 1 minute
- Add coconut cream and pinch of salt and pepper
- When it starts boiling add cooked eggplants and mix with coconut cream
- Once start boiling again, turn off the heat and serve.
Enjoy the taste of South Asian food!