One of my favorite way to serve pumpkin in combination with mince. It looks great and it tastes amazing. Requires 15 minutes preparation time and 50 minutes total cooking time. Easy, clean and delicious!
1 organic squash, halved and deseeded
300g organic grass-fed minced bison or beef
100g of organic tomato paste
Organic coconut milk
Roasted organic pumpkin seeds
Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 tsp of organic cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Line the baking sheet with the parchment paper.
- Drizzle squash with 2 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and cinnamon.
- Put squash in the oven cut side down and roast for 30-40 minutes or until fork easily go through the skin.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Gently scoop squash flesh, making sure to keep the shell intact.
- Put squash in the bowl, add coconut milk and salt. The amount of coconut milk depends on the size of the squash.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the puree between two squash shells, keeping space in the middle for the mince.
- Put it back in the oven on a grill at 200 degrees C (400 degrees F) for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the pan on the high heat.
- Add olive oil, tomato paste, chopped olives, capers, salt and pepper.
- Stir to mix well all ingredients.
- Add minced meat, combine with the rest and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven, add the cooked meat on top of the squash.
Top with fresh dill or parsley, pumpkin seeds and favorite dressing