Prerequisites: None, but it is highly recommended to attend Instant Strength & Mobility and Structural Assessment before attending this class, as most of the teachings and testing from those classes can be applied to rehab.
Duration: 2 Days
Course Instructor: Carlos Castro
At some point during our careers as strength coaches or trainers, we end up facing rehab cases, and the successful outcome of them will make our names in the field.
The first time I had to face a serious rehab case, I only had the knowledge from all the strength training classes, and I have to say, it was really hard. There were no classes on the market that would teach how to address a complex injury and post-surgical recovery.
This is why this class came to life because I do believe it is important to share the principles of a proper rehab process in the gym, along with the strategies that will ensure a successful and prompt outcome of the rehabilitation process.
Having successfully rehabbed dozens of patients in virtually every joint in the human body, from neck to toes, and facing extremely complicated cases, like my mentor’s full patellar torn, vertebrate fractures, partially torn tendons, dysfunctional lower backs, and dislocated shoulders, amongst others, I designed this class to give you not only the bases and principles but multiple and ready to apply tools, that will make any rehabilitation process safer, faster and efficacious.
During the class we will address:
- The most common injuries in the upper extremities, trunk, and lower extremities.
- The corresponding tests for the different joints and muscles in order to find the cause of the problem (questionnaire of previous injuries, accidents, problems that might have caused a change in the biomechanics)
- Strength training exercises to correct the problems found and their progressions.
- Flexibility exercises to correct movement restrictions.
- The most important supplements to improve the recovery process.
- Case studies.
This 2-day class will be developed as follows:
- Muscle function testing
- Flexibility testing
- Principles of rehab
- Most effective supplements for rehab processes
- Neck (theory, practice)
- Shoulders (theory, practice)
- Elbows (theory, practice)
- Wrists (theory, practice)
- Lower back (theory, practice)
- Hip (theory, practice)
- Knee (theory, practice)
- Ankles (theory, practice)
- Case studies
Special Price – $895
All Six Classes Package (Effective Rehab, Structural, Science, Neuro, ISM, and Metabolic Balance) Current Special – $3600
Dates and Locations
Eleiko Sports Center